What is photo rejuvination?
Over time, skin begins to display the effects of aging. Factors like sun, gravity and hormones can speed up the aging process. The collagen begins to break down and result in fine lines around eyes and lips, deeper lines and grooves in the brow and much more. Photo rejuvenation is a non-invasive procedure using advanced technology, which can treat aging skin in a safe, easy, gentle and effective manner. This provides the client with smoother, healthier, younger -looking skin. While typically performed on the face, photo rejuvenation can also treat the neck, chest and hands.
How does Laser work?
Low level laser therapy is based on the principles of the process known as Bio-stimulation .LLLT uses a very low dosage of coherent laser light that has positive effects on blood microcirculation, the immune responce, pain and inflammation. The light energy through a complex process is transformed into the cellular energy in the skin that increases the collagen production .Cells proliferation and turnover lead to the regeneration of the skin.
Who is an ideal candidate for photo rejuvenation?
People looking to enhance the appearance of their face, neck and hands would reperensnt an Ideal candidate for photo rejuvenation treatments. Although skin conditions vary from person to person, the more common include: Red, Flushed faces, Sun damaged skin, hyperpigmentation and enlarged pores.
What are the benefits of photo rejuvenation?
Achieving healthier and smoother looking skin, Reducing pore size, More even skin tone, Reducing redness and flushing caused by rosacea, Reducing the size of wrinkles, Enhancing appearance and boosting self-confidence, Becoming less self-conscious about appearance, Regaining a more youthful look, and no recovery time.
Is skin rejuvenation permanent with laser?
The results of laser skin rejuvenation are not permanent but can last for up to 5 years, depending on the individual’s skin type and laser treatment.
What are the risks , side-effects and contraindications?
LLLT is non-invasive with no side effects and the client will not experience pain and discomfort. Contraindication: pregnancy, epilepsy or seizure, pacemaker, taking photosensetive medications.
How do I get ready before a laser treatment?
1. Skin should be cleaned up completely with non-alcohol cleansing from any dirt, external pigmentation, any oil or greasy cream or lotion and for sanitisation.
2. If the area of treatment is covered with high dence deep black hairs, it is better to shave the hair because hairs absorb the light energy, increase the scattering of the light, reduce rhe power of the laser beam and reduce the laser penetration to the skin.
3. Metallic materials like a watch, bracelet, earrings and so on should be taken off because of the reflection of the laser and the safety.
What should I expect during treatment?
1. Deep cleanse by non alcoholic cleanser and hydrate the skin with a steam facial.
2. PhotoFacial Laser Therapy (infrared light)
3. Lifting Massage
4. Hyaluronic Acid Mask
It is safe, soothing, and totally pain free. There is no redness, swelling, peeling, burning or down time. Actually, some clients fall asleep during treatment.
How many laser treatments will be needed?
Facial rejuvenation is once per 2 weeks for 6-10 sessions. Treatment takes around 30 to 60 min.
What are the post care treatments?
1. Need to use SPF 30+ sunblock when exposed to the sun for 30 days.
2. Keep the treated area moisturized -Use anti aging and anti wrinkle products for 3 months.
3. Consuming vitamin C and E .
Clients can return to work the same day and resume all daily activities .